Monday, April 12, 2010

Real-world publishing by our students gets noticed via youtube


Sophomore Connor Peterson received the following message on his youtube account:

"I would like to show your film to a group of middle school students as a part of our AIDS/HIV lessons. I like that it is a student made production and feel it is age appropriate and speaks to the fear and facts of the syndrome/disease.


Can you send me a copy in a format I can show at school? I promise to use it only for good and will not distribute nor sell it.


I have been looking and looking for the right film for my kids.


Thank you if you can, I know things get complicated, if you can't.
Tracy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6YOlJHjcXw

This is what it is all about.  Connor's movie was for his English research project and pulls together the facts along with the emotions in a way that a traditional research report could not do.  Congratulations Connor, on a job well done- both for your English class and the classes around the world that are benefiting from your sharing.

No comments: