Sunday, October 4, 2009

Message from an OHS Student



A big thank you to senior student Lorissa Johnson for taking the time to write up this message regarding technology opportunities at OHS and her recent college visit to The Creative Center in Omaha.

I recently went the Creative Center in Omaha for a college visit. I thought I was unprepared but that wasn't the case. Here at O'Neill since we have 24/7 use of MacBooks we are being well prepared for the new technology that is now being used for some major careers. They told me they use: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut Pro etc. all of which we have here at O'Neill. They also told me since I have a lot of practice and skill in some of these programs that I would be far ahead of any other student. Finally they told me that I would have a great chance of getting into this school even though they only let in 60 students a year. So basically what our high school has done for us students is they have given us a great chance to succeed in the future, and given us a chance to excel in learning new technology; for which I am very grateful. :)

--Lorissa Johnson

No comments: